Last Updated: August 14, 2016
A Note to Users Outside of the United States.
Information We May Collect
We may collect information that allows someone to identify your Child (“Personal Information”), such as your Child’s name or email address, as well as any other non-public information that is linked to your Child’s Personal Information. We also collect your Child’s age, dance experience profile, and comments, photographs, video submissions or likeness when your Child provides it to us when using our Site (e.g., by creating a user login on our site), or in some other manner, e.g., by posting or submitting it to our website, to Facebook using our website, or to our Facebook page. We may also collect information (i) from our business partners and (ii) from other third parties as further described in this Policy. In addition to this information, we may also automatically collect information from your Facebook friends when they reply to Facebook comments you have uploaded to our site (e.g., their name, comment and photo). We may combine your Child’s Personal Information that we receive from different sources.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when your Child visits our Site or uses our Services:
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your Child’s IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your Child’s visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends.
- We may assign your Child’s computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your Child’s online experience.
- We may use standard Internet tools, such as web beacons, which collect information that tracks your Child’s use of our Site and enables us to customize our Services and advertisements.
- We use third party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to collect and analyze certain user information and behavior. This information may include demographic and interest information, such as age, gender and users’ interests. We use this information for internal business purposes on an aggregated, anonymous basis. To opt-out of Google Analytics data collection, you can visit the following site and follow the opt-out procedures: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- We may also collect certain information, such as the URL of the last web page your Child visited before coming to our Site, your Child’s preferences and settings (e.g., time zone), the ads your Child clicked on or viewed on our Site (if any), how long your Child stayed on our Site and what Services and features your Child used.
We may also collect non-personal information from your Child’s mobile device if your Child has downloaded our Applications. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to your Child. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your Child’s geographic location, how your Child uses the Applications, and information about the type of device your Child uses. In addition, in the event our Applications crash on your Child’s mobile device, we will receive information about your Child’s mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Applications. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use information we collect, including your Child’s Personal Information, to:
- Improve our products and services and improve and customize services;
- Send newsletters to our users and make special offers;
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to your Child;
- Process payment for products or services your Child orders via our Site;
- Customize the advertising and content that your Child sees on our Site;
- Facilitate your Child’s use of our Site;
- Publicly display feedback and comments posted by your Child on our properties (e.g., use your name, photograph, video submissions and comments when you post feedback on our site or to Facebook);
- Display information about your Child’s friends (e.g., their name, photograph and comments) that is automatically uploaded when they comment on Facebook messages that your Child posts to our Site;
- Manage your Child’s account and user preferences;
- Analyze use of and improve our Site, products and Services;
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our Site; and
Retention of Information
When your Child closes or de-activates your Child’s account or if your Child’s account is otherwise terminated, we have the right, but not the obligation, to store your Child’s personal information, settings, saved and completed classes, and teachers you have followed.
How We Share Information We Collect
We will not share your Child’s Personal Information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out. We may share Personal Information with:
- Third party service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf;
- Affiliates or other businesses with which we partner or which we carefully select to offer your Child products, services, and promotions through our Site or Services;
- Third parties in connection with a merger, transfer, or sale of all or substantially all our assets; and
- If we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to report suspected criminal activity; comply with legal requirements; prevent fraud; and/or protect the safety of our users.
We may share aggregated, anonymous information in any of the above situations and also with service providers, advertisers and others for our own marketing purposes and for purposes of improving the manner in which, and to whom, we offer our Services.
You may choose:
- Not to provide your Child’s Personal Information, although that may result in your Child’s inability to obtain certain Services or use certain features of our Site;
- To stop your Child from receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy or clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the email, but please note that even if you opt out we may send your Child required service-related communications;
- To stop receiving texts from us by texting STOP in response to the text message you received;
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your Child’s browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features of our Site or Services may not function properly;
- To access, change, review, or delete your Child’s Personal Information your Child provided us by contacting us at the email address below, or, if your Child has an online account with us, by logging into that account. We will take steps to change such Personal Information as soon as is practicable. IF YOU REQUEST TO DELETE SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE WILL NO LONGER ALLOW YOUR CHILD TO USE THE SITE OR SERVICES. We will delete such Personal Information using reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or use of, the information in connection with its deletion. We will take steps to delete such Personal Information as soon as practicable, but deleted information may remain in archived/backup copies for our legitimate business purposes and as otherwise required by law. Upon your request, we will delete your Child’s account and all the information and data stored for such account. We will not have any liability whatsoever for any termination of the account or related deletion of the Personal Information therein. After termination, your Child will not be able to use his or her account anymore. We will retain your Child’s Personal Information for only as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the information was collected.
- You may opt-out of any Google Analytics-related collection by visiting the following site and following the opt-out procedures: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Do Not Track
We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
We take appropriate commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard Personal Information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure. Please note, however, that no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
For online payments, we use the payment services of Stripe (https://stripe.com/). We do not process, record or maintain your Child’s credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
The Site or Services may link to websites operated by third parties that we do not control. We do not monitor, control, or endorse the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties. We strongly encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices. This Policy applies solely to information collected by us through the Site or Services and does not apply to these third-party websites. The ability to access information of third parties from the Site or Services, or links to other websites or locations, is for your convenience only and does not signify our endorsement of such third parties, their products, services, websites, locations, or their content.
How to Contact Us
CLI Studios, Inc.
200 E. 65 th St., 16C
New York, New York 10065
© 2022 Artful Schools All rights reserved.